Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Epiphany of the Lord

The Christmas Season this last year has been very special to me and I hope to continue some really great traditions. I have tried really, really hard not to get caught up in the stresses that come this time of year and truly focus and remember the reason for the season.
One of the things that I did this year was make an Advent wreath . By placing it on our dining table it helped us to remember to pray before every meal and and think about the upcoming birth of Christ.
Our nativity set was slowly put together. First the manger and animals were put up, then Mary and Joseph were added. We of course waited until Christmas to add baby Jesus. I can't wait until Reagan is older and he can understand all this. I hope to put the Three Wise Men somewhere in the house and slowly move them closer to the scene.
And to today we celebrated and went to an Epiphany Party at church and I plan to take down our decorations tonight. I can't wait until next year!

No comments: