Monday, August 25, 2008

Kiss the Cook

The past week i have been a culinary force to be reckoned with. Well, in my case at least because i don't cook. i have never liked it. I don't care to have my hands dirty and and the thought of preparing a meal gives me anxiety.
People always ask me what i feed Reagan since he can't have wheat, dairy (even beef) and soy. We keep it simple and basic and we are at least blessed that Reagan loves vegetables.
Ground turkey browned with sea salt and sugar snap peas, black beans and a corn tortilla. mmm, there's a party in my tummy.


This is my mom's Charquicán Masuda style. Read; with steamed rice. Reagan licks the plate when i serve this.

Both of the above dishes is a nice change from the regular chicken and vegetables that he usually eats. He loves snacking on broccoli and cauliflower and we always keep a variety of fruit around the house for him. Trust me, he is not missing any meals.

Last week prepared chicken enchiladas...for the first time EVER. My friend Brianne gave me the recipe when she brought over the dish right after we had Reagan. Two years later I finally attempted to make it. What a dummy i have been to have waited so long. It was simple to prepare and tasted great. Thanks, Brianne.

And for the pièce de résistance. Taro's absolute favorite dish is lasagna. We have been together for nine years and married five and i am embarrassed to say i have never prepared it for him. Tonight i did the impossible.


Oh, yeah, baby. It was the bomb.

No comments: