Thursday, September 27, 2007

Eskimo Pie

Today is my favorite older sister's birthday. She is almost 10 years older than but we have a very close and awesome relationship. Most siblings with such a huge age difference have more of a motherly type relationship but Ingrid and I are true sista's! I have the greatest childhood memories because of her. I went everywhere with her when I was a little girl and had always thought I had the coolest sister never knowing that she was really babysitting me, I just thought I was special and that she and her friends wanted to hang out with me. You can all thank Ingrid for my smooth dance moves too. I can't help but think of Ingrid and me dancing in her room every time I hear Funkytown.
The older we get the deeper and closer our relationship has become. We are now both wives and mothers and and I don't really see her as "older" than me anymore. She has a young spirit and I pray she never lets go of that. Ingrid, thank you for being such a wonderful sister and keeping me sane and in-check when I need it. I love you, happy 42!

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

aaahhh, what a teary post! Made me crave Eskimo Pie! I love you more!!